* Re: autogenerating +tag in From: field
       [not found] <n6wuu8wnxe.fsf@ogion.it.jyu.fi>
@ 2002-05-14 23:07 ` Wolfgang Rupprecht
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht @ 2002-05-14 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tapani Tarvainen <tt+gnus1234@it.jyu.fi> writes:
> The tag should consist of a fixed string (e.g., "gnus") followed by
> something random (digits and/or letters, whatever is valid
> in an email address).

Mine isn't random, but it does help in figuring out where and when
spammers got my address.  (nb. Most tagged usenet spam I get comes
from ~1-month old addresses.)

(defun wsrcc-dated-posting-address ()
  (concat (user-login-name) "+gnus"
	  (gnus-time-iso8601 (current-time))
	  "@" (message-make-domain))

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(
	;; NB: last match wins. keep default first.
	(".*"
	 (address wsrcc-dated-posting-address)
	))

-wolfgang