* slight bug in .gnus for reading mail?
@ 2002-12-13 12:11 Koyote
From: Koyote @ 2002-12-13 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've got a .gnus configured as best I can tell according to the manual -
emacs 20.7 and gnus 5.7 are what I am forced to use right now.

this is the relevant portion of my .gnus

(setq mail-sources
      '(maildir :path "~/Maildir/"
		:subdirs ("cur" "new")))
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "acme.koyote.cx")
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")))
(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '(("mail.inbox" "")))

yet I can't seem to see any mail or grops to read mail in.

?

-Koyote

* Re: slight bug in .gnus for reading mail?
@ 2002-12-13 13:56 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-13 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Koyote <koyote@koyote.cx> writes:

> I've got a .gnus configured as best I can tell according to the manual -
> emacs 20.7 and gnus 5.7 are what I am forced to use right now.
>
> this is the relevant portion of my .gnus
>
> (setq mail-sources
>       '(maildir :path "~/Maildir/"
> 		:subdirs ("cur" "new")))

Did you read the Gnus 5.7 manual?  AFAIK, it does not support the new
mail-sources variable (uses nnmail-spool-file instead), and it also
doesn't support the maildir functionality.

If you want to read the correct manual for the software you're using,
I recommend to NOT look in the web.  Instead, type C-h i and then
choose Gnus from the list.