* How to get the SERVER related to current line in *Group* view?
@ 2007-07-11 16:12 poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2007-07-11 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I have a NNTP server, which is not so stable, and I need to close/reopen
it frequently. Now each time I need to use ^ to enter server view and
C/O keys, which is very inconvenient.

I intend to rebind the C/O keys in *Group* view, but I don't know how to get
the SERVER related to a line in *Group* view. Any idea?

Cheers,
poppyer

* Re: How to get the SERVER related to current line in *Group* view?
@ 2007-07-11 17:43 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2007-07-11 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a NNTP server, which is not so stable, and I need to close/reopen
> it frequently. Now each time I need to use ^ to enter server view and
> C/O keys, which is very inconvenient.
>
> I intend to rebind the C/O keys in *Group* view, but I don't know how to get
> the SERVER related to a line in *Group* view. Any idea?

(gnus-group-group-name) will return the (full?) name of the group on the
current line; you can then call `gnus-group-server' on that.  So you're
looking for something like

(defun (bounce-server)
  (interactive)
  (let ((server (gnus-group-server (gnus-group-group-name))))
    (progn
     (gnus-server-close-server server)
     (gnus-server-open-server server))))

  --dzm