From: David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: How to develop an automatic set up experience for gnus email.
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:51:18 -0500	[thread overview]

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How could an automatic set up experience be developed for gnus email
> so that a nonprogrammer could run it and have it set up itself or
> respond to a series of questions as it sets up itself that allow
> for misunderstandings of the questions and errors on the part of
> a novice?...

There are a number of MUAs aimed towards people who don't want to hack
Lisp to read their mail.  Pine seems popular, and can be fairly
featureful if you enable enough of its options (or uncomplicated if
you don't).

You also might consider looking at, for example,
http://groups.google.com/ for archives of this newsgroup; this
question has been asked several times before, and has gotten several
answers in the past (including pointers to the my.gnus.org Gnus
Dotfile Generator).

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell