* Re: list of groups
@ 2005-07-25 16:48 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2005-07-25 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baloff <vddr2u@bi.edu.gr> writes:

> is there a way to save a list of groups I like to subscribe to, so that
> every time I open my gnus, I can go to any of them.

Gnus does that by default.  (Though only groups with new messages or
ticked messages are displayed.)

> what about checking a list of all available?

> From the group buffer:

'l' -- display only subscribed groups with new articles (default)
'L' -- display all non-killed groups
'A A' -- display all groups

> what about seaching for a group for somthing particular?

Do you mean 'A a' (gnus-group-apropos), which searches group names?
Or 'A d' (gnus-group-description-apropos)?

  --dzm

* list of groups
@ 2005-07-26  3:56 Baloff
From: Baloff @ 2005-07-26  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello
is there a way to save a list of groups I like to subscribe to, so that
every time I open my gnus, I can go to any of them. what about checking
a list of all available? what about seaching for a group for somthing
particular?

thanks

* Re: list of groups
@ 2005-07-26 12:29   ` Baloff
From: Baloff @ 2005-07-26 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze wrote:

> Baloff <vddr2u@bi.edu.gr> writes:
>

>>is there a way to save a list of groups I like to subscribe to, so that
>>every time I open my gnus, I can go to any of them.
>

> Gnus does that by default.  (Though only groups with new messages or
> ticked messages are displayed.)

so how does it know which groups I want. say I would like to subscribe
to comp.emacs, gnu.emacs.gnus, sci.math

* Re: list of groups
@ 2005-07-27  1:14     ` Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2005-07-27  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baloff <vddr2u@bi.edu.gr> writes:

> David Z Maze wrote:
>
>> Baloff <vddr2u@bi.edu.gr> writes:
>>
>>> is there a way to save a list of groups I like to subscribe to, so
>>> that every time I open my gnus, I can go to any of them.
>> Gnus does that by default.  (Though only groups with new messages or
>> ticked messages are displayed.)
>>
> so how does it know which groups I want. say I would like to subscribe
> to comp.emacs, gnu.emacs.gnus, sci.math

in its group mode(or server mode), a key pressing 'u' toggle the subscription
status of a group.

--
What happens to us when we die?
... We return to the place we came from.