* Default recipient per group
@ 2005-01-09 16:40 Julian Grahsl
From: Julian Grahsl @ 2005-01-09 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello folks !

I am wondering how i could setup gnus in a way that starting a new
mail-message inside a mail-group with "m" will automatically set the
"To: " address of the new message. I maintain a seperate group for a
few people i mail a lot with, so when i enter the group "Peter" and i
start a new message, I would like to see that persons email-address
already in place.

I tried using group-parameters like that:

--SNIP--
(setq gnus-parameters '(
      (".*Peter.*"
        ... some stuff ...
        (to-address . "peter@mail.com")
)))
--SNIP--

But this has no effect. BTW the other group parameters I set near
"...some stuff..." work perfectly.

I could

--SNIP--
(setq (message-default-mail-headers "To: peter@mail.com"))
--SNIP--

but then of course, this is used always, no matter what group i am in.
Maybe somebody has an idea on this one, gnus is surely capable of
doing this. (But i am not :-(

Greetings, Julian

* Re: Default recipient per group
@ 2005-01-10 17:44 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2005-01-10 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Julian Grahsl <julian@jaggy.net> writes:

> I am wondering how i could setup gnus in a way that starting a new
> mail-message inside a mail-group with "m" will automatically set the
> "To: " address of the new message. I maintain a seperate group for a
> few people i mail a lot with, so when i enter the group "Peter" and i
> start a new message, I would like to see that persons email-address
> already in place.
>
> I tried using group-parameters like that:
>
> --SNIP--
> (setq gnus-parameters '(
>       (".*Peter.*"
>         ... some stuff ...
>         (to-address . "peter@mail.com")
> )))
> --SNIP--
>
> But this has no effect.

It should work if you try to post to the group ('a') instead of
composing mail.  Or maybe you need to set the to-list group parameter
to get this effect.  If you use it for nothing else, the Customize
pages for group parameters ('G c' from the group buffer) at least give
descriptions of all of the options it knows about.

  --dzm