* Wrong date for delayed articles?
@ 2012-10-11  8:33 Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2012-10-11  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I was trying the "Delayed Articles" feature (section 3.6 of the
manual). The mail get me properly in the delayed date, but the "Date"
field in the message itself is the date when I wrote the message, not
when it was sent. I don't see an option in the manual to change this
behaviour, is it possible?

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com/

* Re: Wrong date for delayed articles?
@ 2012-10-11 10:26 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-10-11 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Oct 11 2012, Angel de Vicente wrote:

> The mail get me properly in the delayed date, but the "Date" field in
> the message itself is the date when I wrote the message, not when it
> was sent. I don't see an option in the manual to change this
> behaviour, is it possible?

You could try this: (setq message-draft-headers '(References From))

--
           Peter

* Re: Wrong date for delayed articles?
@ 2012-10-11 20:57   ` Angel de Vicente
       [not found]     ` <mailman.11008.1350289884.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2012-10-11 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:
>> The mail get me properly in the delayed date, but the "Date" field in
>> the message itself is the date when I wrote the message, not when it
>> was sent. I don't see an option in the manual to change this
>> behaviour, is it possible?
>
> You could try this: (setq message-draft-headers '(References From))

great, thanks, thar worked perfectly. I think that this should be the
default, rather than keeping the date when the mail was started?

Thanks,
--

@ 2012-10-15  8:30     ` Angel de Vicente
       [not found]     ` <mailman.11008.1350289884.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2012-10-15  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

Angel de Vicente <angelv@iac.es> writes:
> Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:
>>> The mail get me properly in the delayed date, but the "Date" field in
>>> the message itself is the date when I wrote the message, not when it
>>> was sent. I don't see an option in the manual to change this
>>> behaviour, is it possible?
>>
>> You could try this: (setq message-draft-headers '(References From))
>
> great, thanks, thar worked perfectly. I think that this should be the
> default, rather than keeping the date when the mail was started?

well, not so perfect after all. The problem now is that spell-checking is
not performed when I do C-c C-j to put the mail in the delayed
list. Rather, it is performed on the delayed date, when it is actually
sent. This, obviously, is not very convenient. Any way to perform the
spell-checking right now, so that on the future date I have to do
nothing and the mail will be sent automatically whether I'm around the
computer or not?

Thanks a lot,
--

@ 2012-12-24 17:23       ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angel de Vicente; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Angel de Vicente <angelv@iac.es> writes:

>>> You could try this: (setq message-draft-headers '(References From))
>>
>> great, thanks, thar worked perfectly. I think that this should be the
>> default, rather than keeping the date when the mail was started?
>
> well, not so perfect after all. The problem now is that spell-checking is
> not performed when I do C-c C-j to put the mail in the delayed
> list. Rather, it is performed on the delayed date, when it is actually
> sent. This, obviously, is not very convenient. Any way to perform the
> spell-checking right now, so that on the future date I have to do
> nothing and the mail will be sent automatically whether I'm around the
> computer or not?

I'm not sure I understand.  The draft headers have nothing to do with
spell-checking.  Do you have a separate spell-checking function running
from a hook somewhere?

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Wrong date for delayed articles?
@ 2012-12-29 22:14         ` Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2012-12-29 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8, Size: 2121 bytes --]

>>> great, thanks, thar worked perfectly. I think that this should be the
>>> default, rather than keeping the date when the mail was started?
>>
>> well, not so perfect after all. The problem now is that spell-checking is
>> not performed when I do C-c C-j to put the mail in the delayed
>> list. Rather, it is performed on the delayed date, when it is actually
>> sent. This, obviously, is not very convenient. Any way to perform the
>> spell-checking right now, so that on the future date I have to do
>> nothing and the mail will be sent automatically whether I'm around the
>> computer or not?
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  The draft headers have nothing to do with
> spell-checking.  Do you have a separate spell-checking function running
> from a hook somewhere?

well, I haven't used this in a long time, but as far as I can remember
the problem was that I created a mail to be sent at a delayed date, this
was correctly stored in a temporary folder, but when it was about to be
sent, then the spell-checker would kick in, expecting an interactive
session on my side. I was hoping that the spell-checking stuff would be
done before it was put in the temporary folder, so that when it was
finally time to really send the message the spell-checking step would
have been already performed.

In terms of spell-checking hooks, my .gnus.el has

(add-hook 'message-send-hook 'ispell-message)

Perhaps it is just a matter of adding the ispell-message to a different
hook, but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/

* Re: Wrong date for delayed articles?
@ 2012-12-31 14:40           ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]             ` <mailman.18518.1359421756.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-31 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angel de Vicente; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Angel de Vicente <angelv@iac.es> writes:

> In terms of spell-checking hooks, my .gnus.el has
>
> (add-hook 'message-send-hook 'ispell-message)
>
> Perhaps it is just a matter of adding the ispell-message to a different
> hook, but I'm not sure which one.

`gnus-draft-send' binds `message-send-hook' to nil before sending from
the nndrafts:queue group.  Is that how you send your delayed messages?

* Re: Wrong date for delayed articles?
@ 2013-01-29  1:08             ` Angel de Vicente
       [not found]             ` <mailman.18518.1359421756.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2013-01-29  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8, Size: 1696 bytes --]

>> In terms of spell-checking hooks, my .gnus.el has
>>
>> (add-hook 'message-send-hook 'ispell-message)
>>
>> Perhaps it is just a matter of adding the ispell-message to a different
>> hook, but I'm not sure which one.
>
> `gnus-draft-send' binds `message-send-hook' to nil before sending from
> the nndrafts:queue group.  Is that how you send your delayed messages?

I just followed the info node on delayed articles, so basically I did
call gnus-delay-initialize in my .emacs
http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_75.html#SEC75

According to that,

"And whenever you get new news, Gnus looks through the group for
articles which are due and sends them. It uses the gnus-delay-send-queue
function for this. By default, this function is added to the hook
gnus-get-new-news-hook. But of course, you can change this. Maybe you
want to use the demon to send drafts? Just tell the demon to execute the
gnus-delay-send-queue function."

but I have no idea how to set Gnus so that spell-checking will be done
when I hit C-c C-j, before it is put in the delayed folder, and not at
the time of being sent, which is not useful.

Any help appreciated (and I promise not to take so long next time to
reply :-)

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/
ADVERTENCIA: Sobre la privacidad y cumplimiento de la Ley de Protección de Datos, acceda a http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php
WARNING: For more information on privacy and fulfilment of the Law concerning the Protection of Data, consult http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php?lang=en

* Re: Wrong date for delayed articles?
       [not found]             ` <mailman.18518.1359421756.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2013-08-01 12:55               ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-01 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angel de Vicente; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Angel de Vicente <angelv@iac.es> writes:

>> `gnus-draft-send' binds `message-send-hook' to nil before sending from
>> the nndrafts:queue group.  Is that how you send your delayed messages?
>
> I just followed the info node on delayed articles, so basically I did
> call gnus-delay-initialize in my .emacs
> http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_75.html#SEC75

[...]

> but I have no idea how to set Gnus so that spell-checking will be done
> when I hit C-c C-j, before it is put in the delayed folder, and not at
> the time of being sent, which is not useful.

`C-c C-j'?  What does that command do?

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php

* Re: Wrong date for delayed articles?
@ 2013-08-02 10:31                 ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found]                 ` <mailman.2370.1375439521.12400.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-08-02 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> `C-c C-j'?  What does that command do?

C-c C-j runs the command gnus-delay-article - it saves the article for
sending later.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I myself have spent many an enjoyable hour in my            Adam Sjøgren
  spare time not collecting stamps."                     asjo@koldfront.dk

@ 2013-08-02 12:38                   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-02 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: info-gnus-english

>> `C-c C-j'?  What does that command do?
>
> C-c C-j runs the command gnus-delay-article - it saves the article for
> sending later.

I see.  I've now made that command run `message-send-hook', too.  I
think that possibly makes sense, but if it leads to problems, I can
change it and add a separate hook.

@ 2013-08-05 11:58                 ` Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2013-08-05 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english