* Re: adding newsgroups to a virtual group?
       [not found] <ymhy9dl8vo9.fsf@okocim.cs.ubc.ca>
@ 2002-06-11 20:08 ` Frank Haun
From: Frank Haun @ 2002-06-11 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:

> I'm trying to find out something about php. As usual there are two
> newsgroups
> (gah! gah! gah!): alt.php and alt.comp.lang.php.
> So maybe I can set up a virtual group containing both of these.
> The info page is characteristically useless: no, I'm not going to type
> regexps  into my  .emacs because  things  haven't been  done that  way
> anymore for  the past 1700 years. I  want to add groups  to my virtual
> group using either
>         a) the "customize" interface (G c), OR
>         b) from the menubar in the Groups buffer, OR

The menu-bar provide this all:

<menu-bar> <Groups> <Foreign groups> <Make a virtual group> runs the
command gnus-group-make-empty-virtual

<menu-bar> <Groups> <Foreign groups> <Add a group to a virtual> runs the
command gnus-group-add-to-virtual

>         c) from the emacs command prompt, in the Groups buffer Can
> somebody help?

G V runs the command gnus-group-make-empty-virtual
G v runs the command gnus-group-add-to-virtual

Does it help? Maybe your menu-bar differ from mine.

Frank
--
  line-move: End of buffer [42 times]

* Re: adding newsgroups to a virtual group?
@ 2002-06-11 22:34   ` Chris Majewski
From: Chris Majewski @ 2002-06-11 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Haun <pille3000@gmx.net> writes:

> Chris Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to find out something about php. As usual there are two
> > newsgroups
> > (gah! gah! gah!): alt.php and alt.comp.lang.php.
> > So maybe I can set up a virtual group containing both of these.
> > The info page is characteristically useless: no, I'm not going to type
> > regexps  into my  .emacs because  things  haven't been  done that  way
> > anymore for  the past 1700 years. I  want to add groups  to my virtual
> > group using either
> >         a) the "customize" interface (G c), OR
> >         b) from the menubar in the Groups buffer, OR
>
> The menu-bar provide this all:
>
> <menu-bar> <Groups> <Foreign groups> <Make a virtual group> runs the
> command gnus-group-make-empty-virtual
>
> <menu-bar> <Groups> <Foreign groups> <Add a group to a virtual> runs the
> command gnus-group-add-to-virtual

Thanks. Doesn't  work though. It won't  let me add  a group. Complains
the group to be added is not virtual. What's up with that?

-chris