* erhm... I have a problem deleting articles...
@ 2006-07-16 12:23 Martin Jørgensen
From: Martin Jørgensen @ 2006-07-16 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a small newbie-gnus problem... I have two buffers called:
nndraft:drafts and nndraft:queue and there are a couple of old
postings/old messages/garbage which I can't figure out how to
delete. One of the messages/postings is this:

-------
Subject: cmsg cancel <m14pzaz38w.fsf@totally-fudged-out-message-id>
Newsgroups: dk.edb.system.unix
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 15:46:50 +0200

I am canceling my own article.
-------

I think I tried to cancel the message and then the above appeared in one
of those buffers. I guess those are "special" buffers somehow.

It is probably a stupid/easy question, but I can't figure out how to
delete those messages in those buffers....

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk

* Re: erhm... I have a problem deleting articles...
@ 2006-07-16 16:07 ` martin
From: martin @ 2006-07-16 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

"MJ" == Martin Jørgensen <hotmail_spam@hotmail.com> writes:
 MJ> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
 MJ> Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:23:28 +0200
 MJ>
 MJ> Hi,
 MJ>
 MJ> I have a small newbie-gnus problem... I have two buffers called:
 MJ> nndraft:drafts and nndraft:queue and there are a couple of old
 MJ> postings/old messages/garbage which I can't figure out how to
 MJ> delete. One of the messages/postings is this:
 MJ>
 MJ> -------
 MJ> From (me)
 MJ> Subject: cmsg cancel <m14pzaz38w.fsf@totally-fudged-out-message-id>
 MJ> Newsgroups: dk.edb.system.unix
 MJ> Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 15:46:50 +0200
 MJ>
 MJ> I am canceling my own article.
 MJ> -------
 MJ>
 MJ> I think I tried to cancel the message and then the above appeared
 MJ> in one of those buffers. I guess those are "special" buffers
 MJ> somehow.
 MJ>
 MJ> It is probably a stupid/easy question, but I can't figure out how
 MJ> to delete those messages in those buffers....
 MJ>
 MJ>
 MJ> Best regards
 MJ> Martin Jørgensen
 MJ>
 MJ> --
 MJ> -----------------------------------------------------------
 MJ> Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk

B <delete> runs the command gnus-summary-delete-article
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'.
(gnus-summary-delete-article &optional N)

Delete the N next (mail) articles.
This command actually deletes articles.	 This is not a marking
command.  The article will disappear forever from your life, never to
return.

If N is negative, delete backwards.
If N is nil and articles have been marked with the process mark,
delete these instead.

If `gnus-novice-user' is non-nil you will be asked for
confirmation before the articles are deleted.

--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: erhm... I have a problem deleting articles...
@ 2006-07-19 22:56   ` Martin Jørgensen
From: Martin Jørgensen @ 2006-07-19 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

martin <nospam@nospam.net> writes:

> "MJ" == Martin Jørgensen <hotmail_spam@hotmail.com> writes:
-snip-
>  MJ> I think I tried to cancel the message and then the above appeared
>  MJ> in one of those buffers. I guess those are "special" buffers
>  MJ> somehow.
>  MJ>
>  MJ> It is probably a stupid/easy question, but I can't figure out how
>  MJ> to delete those messages in those buffers....
>  MJ>
>  MJ>
>  MJ> Best regards
>  MJ> Martin Jørgensen
>  MJ>
>  MJ> --
>  MJ> -----------------------------------------------------------
>  MJ> Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk
>  MJ>
>
> B <delete> runs the command gnus-summary-delete-article
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'.
> (gnus-summary-delete-article &optional N)
>
> Delete the N next (mail) articles.
> This command actually deletes articles.	 This is not a marking
> command.  The article will disappear forever from your life, never to
> return.
>
> If N is negative, delete backwards.
> If N is nil and articles have been marked with the process mark,
> delete these instead.
>
> If `gnus-novice-user' is non-nil you will be asked for
> confirmation before the articles are deleted.

Thanks a lot. Sorry - I forgot to mail back and then I had problems
because I had to figure out how to see old messages in this group (it
was /o or something).