* Re: Group list
       [not found] ` <87brugsk5k.fsf@softhome.net>
@ 2003-08-24  1:04   ` Johan Bockgård
       [not found]   ` <845db307.0308231629.7947f361@posting.google.com>
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-08-24  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Anderberg <tba@softhome.net> writes:

> A a   show all groups
  A A

Also nice is ^ to enter the server buffer.

--
Johan Bockgård

* Re: Group list
       [not found]   ` <845db307.0308231629.7947f361@posting.google.com>
@ 2003-08-28 20:11     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-08-28 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

stehenry@yahoo.com (stephen henry) writes:

> Thanks for the help! I gave "A a" a shot and was able to search for my
> newsgroup. One last question: I don't seem to be able to switch to the
> news group list that appears after the search, to select/read it. How
> do I achieve this?

You need to subscribe a group, then use l to list the groups that
Gnus normally lists.

I suggest to read a little bit in the manual on how to work with
groups in the *Group* (list-of-groups) buffer.  If the manual is
unclear, then it would be great if you could say what's unclear; then
we can fix it and scores of Gnus newbies following you will be
thankful for stephen henry who helped making the docs understandable
to them.

Alas, the Gnus manual is a reference manual.  It's not so much a user
documentation.  There is an effort for writing the user docs, but I'm
not sure about its status.  I think it's been sleeping for a long
while now.  See http://my.gnus.org/ and search for the Tutorial.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.