* gnus-parameters help? want to set a variable for one group
@ 2006-05-01 10:56 google
From: google @ 2006-05-01 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi--

My .gnus has:
(setq mm-inline-override-types
      '("text/html"
        "text/richtext"))

I want mm-inline-override-types to be nil for just one group.
I'd strongly prefer if it could be done in my .gnus.

I tried:
(setq gnus-parameters
  '((".*test.*"
     (mm-inline-override-types nil))))

but that didn't do it.

Help?

thanks for any clues!

obligatory address you should not reply to: anode@mirror.to

* Re: gnus-parameters help? want to set a variable for one group
@ 2006-05-01 15:07 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2006-05-01 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

google@mirror.to writes:

> I want mm-inline-override-types to be nil for just one group.
> I'd strongly prefer if it could be done in my .gnus.
>
> I tried:
> (setq gnus-parameters
>      (mm-inline-override-types nil))))
>
> but that didn't do it.

`gnus-parameters' sets variables locally to the summary buffer, but
`mm-inline-override-types' is evaluated in the article buffer.

Look up `gnus-newsgroup-variables'.

--
Johan Bockgård