* Re: Discouraging HTML mail, except in nnrss groups
       [not found] ` <m3u11dsvd5.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2004-02-26 20:09   ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2004-02-26 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:
>
>> to shut off HTML rendering in general. Is there a way to turn it
>> back on, but only for nnrss groups? Setting something in the select
>> method or creating a topic with magic variables set seem like the
>> obvious ways to go, but I'm not really sure what to turn on or how.
>
> Using group/topic parameters won't work, unfortunately, because it
> sets a buffer local value in the summary buffer, but the MIME stuff
> happens in the article buffer.

Isn't this what gnus-newsgroup-variables is for?

,----[ C-h v gnus-newsgroup-variables RET ]

`----

--
Johan Bockgård

@ 2004-02-26 23:15   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2004-02-26 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:39:34 +0100, Jesper wrote:

> David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

>> Is there a way to turn it back on, but only for nnrss groups?
>> Setting something in the select method or creating a topic with
>> magic variables set seem like the obvious ways to go, but I'm not
>> really sure what to turn on or how.

> Using group/topic parameters won't work, unfortunately, because it
> sets a buffer local value in the summary buffer, but the MIME stuff
> happens in the article buffer.

I just use this in my group-parameters for the nnrss-groups that have
HTML in them:

 ((gnus-treat-wash-html t))

but that's cheating, right?

  Best regards,

--
 "Mr. Cotton's... parrot. Same question."                     Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk