  • * Re: faces being ignored?
           [not found]       ` <yqr8yzffilh.fsf@cs.york.ac.uk>
           [not found]         ` <84ptsr46t5.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
    @ 2002-11-27 13:33         ` Kester Clegg
    From: Kester Clegg @ 2002-11-27 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Mmmm, this seems to be odder than I thought.  Even trying to set the
    faces using a mode hook doesn't seem to work.  I have the following
    (shortened) in my .emacs:

    (defun do-w3-font-hook()
      (custom-set-faces
       ;; basic face
       '(w3-style-face-00000 ((t (:family "helvetica"
    			      :weight normal
                                  :underline nil
                                  :foreground "wheat"
                                  :background "darkslategray"))))
    [...]

       ;; 00006 sets <strong>
       '(w3-style-face-00006 ((t (:family "helvetica"
    			      :weight bold
                                  :underline nil
                                  :foreground "wheat"
                                  :background "darkslategray"))))
       ))

    (add-hook 'w3-mode-hook 'do-w3-font-hook)

    Bizarrely this doesn't seem to get loaded when I first read an html mail
    in gnus.  However, if I redisplay, or try to follow a link, sure enough
    from that point on, my faces come up good and true.

    So what's wrong with the initial loading?

    Kester Clegg				Dept. of Computer Science,
    Research Assistant (UTC)		University of York,
    Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk