* Re: face at point
       [not found]     ` <87adk94t98.fsf@millingtons.org>
@ 2002-11-19 19:35       ` Jhair Tocancipa Triana
From: Jhair Tocancipa Triana @ 2002-11-19 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

     > Fair enough -  I'm on Xemacs 21.4.10 here.   Does the above not
     > work on Emacs21?

No.

     > or is it  just that M-x describe-face gives you  a nice link to
     > follow?

Yes, it gives a nice link to follow.

Thanks,

--
--Jhair

* Re: face at point
@ 2002-11-22 14:27         ` Kester Clegg
From: Kester Clegg @ 2002-11-22 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jhair Tocancipa Triana <jhair_tocancipa@icon-scm.com> writes:

[...]

>      > or is it  just that M-x describe-face gives you  a nice link to
>      > follow?

Why not use M-x list-colors-display and M-x list-faces-display and get
them all sorted out once and for all?!

Kester Clegg                Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Associate (UTC)    University of York, UK

Tel (01904) 43 33 75        email: kester@cs.york.ac.uk

* Re: face at point
       [not found] <m2isyzegeh.fsf@mother.paradise.lost>
@ 2002-11-17 20:03 ` Chris Green
       [not found] ` <87heejgs65.fsf@millingtons.org>
From: Chris Green @ 2002-11-17 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Hunter <jdhunter@nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu> writes:

> Ie, how do I find out what face is responsible for a given segment of
> text in a given mode?

A long time ago, I found this is dejanews or reading one of the emacs
groups.  Put it in your .emacs, put your cusor where you care about,
and it will tell you want you want :)

;; Useful Function
(defun describe-face-at-point ()
  "Give the name of the faces at point."
  (interactive)
  (message (prin1-to-string (extent-face (extent-at (point)
						    (current-buffer)
						    'face)))))
--
Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.