* Emacs 24.4 for Windows?
@ 2014-10-23 12:12 Torsten Mueller
From: Torsten Mueller @ 2014-10-23 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Does anybody know where to find binaries for Windows (32 or 64bit)? If I
look on the Savannah FTP servers I see the sources of 24.4 but the
Windows binaries are only up to 24.3 Why are there no 24.4 binaries?

T.M.

* Re: Emacs 24.4 for Windows?
@ 2014-10-24  5:21 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2014-10-24  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Torsten Mueller writes:

> Does anybody know where to find binaries for Windows (32 or 64bit)? If I
> look on the Savannah FTP servers I see the sources of 24.4 but the
> Windows binaries are only up to 24.3 Why are there no 24.4 binaries?
>
> T.M.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-bin/

Have a nice Day

Martin

* Re: Emacs 24.4 for Windows?
@ 2014-10-24  5:53   ` Torsten Mueller
From: Torsten Mueller @ 2014-10-24  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Martin <parozusa@web.de> schrieb:

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-bin/

Ah, thanks a lot!

T.M.

* Re: Emacs 24.4 for Windows?
@ 2014-10-24 13:24 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-10-24 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:12:02 +0200 Torsten Mueller <muellerto@runbox.com> wrote:

TM> Does anybody know where to find binaries for Windows (32 or 64bit)? If I
TM> look on the Savannah FTP servers I see the sources of 24.4 but the
TM> Windows binaries are only up to 24.3 Why are there no 24.4 binaries?

You can try https://bitbucket.org/Haroogan/emacs-for-windows which was
announced on gnu.emacs.help...  Claims to have more libraries, etc.

Ted

* Re: Emacs 24.4 for Windows?
@ 2014-10-27  5:55   ` Torsten Mueller
From: Torsten Mueller @ 2014-10-27  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> schrieb:

> TM> Does anybody know where to find binaries for Windows (32 or
> TM> 64bit)? If I look on the Savannah FTP servers I see the sources of
> TM> 24.4 but the Windows binaries are only up to 24.3 Why are there no
> TM> 24.4 binaries?
>
> You can try https://bitbucket.org/Haroogan/emacs-for-windows which was
> announced on gnu.emacs.help... Claims to have more libraries, etc.

See my headers :)

Took the SourceForge stuff. Runs good except that it reports a missing
zlib. I will get one somewhere ...

T.M.