Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the repository.
 help / color / Atom feed
* From and Reply-To mangling?!
@ 2019-12-28  1:23 Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
  2019-12-28  5:08 ` Amin Bandali
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english @ 2019-12-28  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

So this mailing list now changes the From: and adds Reply-To: ?!?

Only for some users/posts. Hm.

-- 
 "The Commodore 64. Under $600. You can't buy a             Adam Sjøgren
  better computer at twice the price."                 asjo@koldfront.dk


_______________________________________________
info-gnus-english mailing list
info-gnus-english@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnus-english

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!
  2019-12-28  1:23 From and Reply-To mangling?! Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
@ 2019-12-28  5:08 ` Amin Bandali
  2019-12-28 12:44   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
  2019-12-28 14:35   ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Amin Bandali @ 2019-12-28  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 402 bytes --]

Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:

> So this mailing list now changes the From: and adds Reply-To: ?!?
>
> Only for some users/posts. Hm.

Could be due to changes made to a number of mailman settings (including
from munging) for many GNU lists by the FSF sysadmins in late October?
For instance: https://lists.gnu.org/r/bug-gnuzilla/2019-10/msg00006.html

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 857 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 162 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
info-gnus-english mailing list
info-gnus-english@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnus-english

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!
  2019-12-28  5:08 ` Amin Bandali
@ 2019-12-28 12:44   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
  2019-12-28 14:39     ` Michael Albinus
  2019-12-28 14:35   ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-12-28 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amin Bandali; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> writes:

> Could be due to changes made to a number of mailman settings (including
> from munging) for many GNU lists by the FSF sysadmins in late October?

Anybody know how we can get the admin of this list to stop the dmarc
munging?  It's really annoying.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

_______________________________________________
info-gnus-english mailing list
info-gnus-english@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnus-english

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!
  2019-12-28  5:08 ` Amin Bandali
  2019-12-28 12:44   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
@ 2019-12-28 14:35   ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
  2019-12-29  2:38     ` 황병희
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english @ 2019-12-28 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Amin writes:

> Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> So this mailing list now changes the From: and adds Reply-To: ?!?
>>
>> Only for some users/posts. Hm.
>
> Could be due to changes made to a number of mailman settings (including
> from munging) for many GNU lists by the FSF sysadmins in late October?
> For instance: https://lists.gnu.org/r/bug-gnuzilla/2019-10/msg00006.html

Ah, it explains why only some messages are mangled: "if a strict DMARC
sender sends to the list, we alter the headers of that message". I've
got DMARC configured for my domain (koldfront.dk).

I think it would be great if the mailing list software stopped adding a
footer, so there is no need to mangle the headers.

I.e. what the linked email calls "the unmodified message fix".


  Best regards,

    Adam

-- 
 "The Commodore 64. Under $600. You can't buy a             Adam Sjøgren
  better computer at twice the price."                 asjo@koldfront.dk

_______________________________________________
info-gnus-english mailing list
info-gnus-english@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnus-english

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!
  2019-12-28 12:44   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
@ 2019-12-28 14:39     ` Michael Albinus
  2019-12-28 14:54       ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Michael Albinus @ 2019-12-28 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: Amin Bandali, info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 226 bytes --]

Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:

> Anybody know how we can get the admin of this list to stop the dmarc
> munging?  It's really annoying.

The appended message has been sent some weeks ago.

Best regards, Michael.


[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 6596 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: Type: text/plain, Size: 162 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
info-gnus-english mailing list
info-gnus-english@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnus-english

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!
  2019-12-28 14:39     ` Michael Albinus
@ 2019-12-28 14:54       ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english @ 2019-12-28 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Michael writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> Anybody know how we can get the admin of this list to stop the dmarc
>> munging?  It's really annoying.
>
> The appended message has been sent some weeks ago.

So who is the "Mailman list administrator" for info-gnus-english?


  Best regards,

    Adam

-- 
 "You can't add things and come out with less than          Adam Sjøgren
  you started with!"                                   asjo@koldfront.dk
 "I can do that! It's a free country! I've got
  my rights!"


_______________________________________________
info-gnus-english mailing list
info-gnus-english@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnus-english

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!
  2019-12-28 14:35   ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
@ 2019-12-29  2:38     ` 황병희
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: 황병희 @ 2019-12-29  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Ah, it explains why only some messages are mangled: "if a strict DMARC
> sender sends to the list, we alter the headers of that message". I've
> got DMARC configured for my domain (koldfront.dk).

Thanks for good explanation, now i understood all history.

Sincerely,

-- 
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

_______________________________________________
info-gnus-english mailing list
info-gnus-english@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnus-english

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-12-28  1:23 From and Reply-To mangling?! Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
2019-12-28  5:08 ` Amin Bandali
2019-12-28 12:44   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
2019-12-28 14:39     ` Michael Albinus
2019-12-28 14:54       ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
2019-12-28 14:35   ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
2019-12-29  2:38     ` 황병희

Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the repository.

Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/info-gnus-english

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.vuxu.org/vuxu.archive.emacs.gnus.user


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git