From: 황병희 <soyeomul@doraji.xyz>
To: Aric Gregson via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Trouble with SMTP Returning to Gnus
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:22:06 +0900	[thread overview]

Aric Gregson via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:

> On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 03:59:46 +0900
> <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> wrote:
>
>> > I am trying to use Gnus again after about five years. Using my
>> > configuration file that I had with Ma Gnus (so maybe that's the
>> > issue...).
>>
>> IMHO, that is not easy to debug with <<Ma Gnus>>. So i would like to
>> recommend upgrade to the latest stable things.
>
> Thank you. I am running stable Gnus 5.13 that came with my Emacs GNU
> Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd, GTK+ Version 3.24.20) of
> 2020-05-09.
>
> I have enable debug as instructed (smtpmail-debug-info 'on' and
> smtpmail-debug-verb 'on') and for some reason all I ever get in the
> buffer is "Process smtpmail connection broken by remote peer".
>
> I found some code in the gnus file that I commented out to no effect.
>
> ;; (defun change-stream-type ()
> ;;   (cond ((equal user-mail-address "metoothree@gmail.com")
> ;;          (setq smtpmail-stream-type 'ssl))
> ;;         ((equal user-mail-address "metoo@mac.com")
> ;;          (setq smtpmail-stream-type 'starttls))
> ;;         ((equal user-mail-address "me@countermail.com")
> ;;          (setq smtpmail-stream-type 'starttls))
> ;;         ((equal user-mail-address "aorchid@countermail.com")
> ;;          (setq smtpmail-stream-type 'starttls))))
> ;; (add-hook 'message-send-hook 'change-stream-type)
>
> I suppose the next thing would be to start with a clean .gnus file with
> just one account and see if I can get mail sent with it.

Hellow Aric,

One thing, i use Gmail via 587 port with starttls. There is No problem!
Also i don't know the others in your setup.

So now you would be better do [M-x report-emacs-bug] with attaching ~/.gnus
file. With the ~/.gnus, we can test your problems.

Sincerely, Gnus fan Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _白衣從軍_ 감사합니다_^))//