Hi! Recently I stumbled over a problem in pfstat(8) where a Bl had no matching El; the mandoc version at that time wasn't even complaining about it, just the error code returned was 1. I've tried to file a proper bug report about this and reproduce the problem first. mandoc-1.10.1 is complaining about the man page with the error: test.1:14:2: scope broken, syntax violated: multi-line scope breaks multi-line of It I must confess, I wouldn't have a clue how to find the root cause of this from the description. groff-1.19.2 complains about the same problem this way: mdoc warning: A .Bl directive has no matching .El (#14) Perhaps the error message can be improved? Cheers, Thomas