discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Table of contents & HTML.
@ 2011-07-04 10:58 Kristaps Dzonsons
From: Kristaps Dzonsons @ 2011-07-04 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

Hi,

I've hacked up a demo of framed manual pages for mandoc-cgi.  You can
see a demo of it here,

  http://mdocml.bsd.lv/cgi-bin/mandoc.cgi/frame/2086.html
  http://mdocml.bsd.lv/cgi-bin/mandoc.cgi/frame/19.html
  http://mdocml.bsd.lv/cgi-bin/mandoc.cgi/frame/2087.html

 From the regular search page, these are visible with the "framed" link
type, alongside PDF, PS, and so on.  You'll note this is only really
useful for longer manuals, but for such manuals, it's quite useful!

It's just a proof of concept with hard-coded HTML (in mandoc-cgi.c).
Note that I don't see _parent targets for the "page" frame, as I'm just
putting out some ideas.

Thoughts?

As mentioned earlier, using LINKs is the way to go, but to the best of
my knowledge no browser really uses these.  Pity...

Kristaps

* Re: Table of contents & HTML.
@ 2011-07-04 12:27 ` Joerg Sonnenberger
From: Joerg Sonnenberger @ 2011-07-04 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 12:58:03PM +0200, Kristaps Dzonsons wrote:
> Thoughts?

You can get a similar effect by using something like

in combination with

#toc {
	position: absolute;
	overflow: auto;