discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
From: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
To: discuss@mdocml.bsd.lv
Cc: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
Subject: Re: Small rendering difference between nroff and mandoc
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:49:54 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 07:57:04PM +0100, Ingo Schwarze wrote:

Hello Ingo,

> Nicolas Joly wrote on Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 05:00:36PM +0200:
> >
> > I recently started checking for differences between nroff and mandoc
> > output for the NetBSD manpages. And noticed a small spacing difference
> > between the tools. When a sentence ends with a macro followed by a
> > punctuation mark mandoc does only output a single space character but
> > nroff adds two.
>
> As far as i could reproduce, two particular macros were affected,
> namely .In and .Ap.  I just fixed those two in both OpenBSD and bsd.lv.
>
> Should you find more, it would be kind if you could speak up again!

Thanks for the fix. I applied it to my local version and checked all
pages again ... A few differences remain with Cd, Fc, Fd, It(?)  and
Lb mdoc macros. Seems that some man macros show a similar behaviour,
but i'll check that part later.

Here follow the corresponding pages and constructs :

/usr/share/man/man2/intro.2
.Bl -hang -width Ds
.It Er 0 Em "Error 0" .
Not used.

/usr/share/man/man2/i386_get_ldt.2
.Fd \*[Lt]i386/segments.h\*[Gt] .
These structures are defined by the architecture

/usr/share/man/man3/math.3
.Lb libm .
Declarations for these functions may be obtained from the include file

/usr/share/man/man3/mq.3
.Lb librt .
The process scheduling interface described in

/usr/share/man/man4/pim.4
The PIM-SM protocol is specified in RFC 2362 (to be replaced by
.%T draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-* ) .
The PIM-DM protocol is specified in

/usr/share/man/man7/module.7
.Cd options INSECURE .
Refer to

/usr/share/man/man8/acorn32/nbfs.8
follow RISC OS conventions,as described in the various RISC OS
.%T User Guides .
The underlying FileCore instance used by

/usr/share/man/man9/errno.9
.Bl -hang -width Ds
.It Er \-2 EJUSTRETURN Em "Modify regs, just return" .
No more work is required and the function should just return.

/usr/share/man/man9/in_getifa.9
.Cd options IPSELSRC .
.Cd options IPSELSRC
lets the operator set the policy for choosing the source address

/usr/share/man/man9/percpu.9
the CPU-local storage held by
.Fa pc ,
run