discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Extension for more general documents
@ 2014-06-13  8:35 Thomas Klausner
From: Thomas Klausner @ 2014-06-13  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss; +Cc: David Holland

Hi!

We'd really like to move away the documents in NetBSD's base system
from the groff -ms and -me macro sets to anything else that can be
easily converted to txt, html, and pdf.

We already have mandoc in the base system and it supports these output
formats. So it seems to be a good candidate, and mdoc already provides
the formatting options we need (AFAIK).

We probably would just need to add a mode to mandoc where it doesn't
insist on a man page header and instead supports some article
information like a title.

Would you be willing to add support for this in mandoc?

Am I overlooking stuff that makes this more hard than I currently
imagine it to be?
 Thomas