discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* groff/mandoc rendering difference in Ao/Ac/Aq
@ 2014-11-19 10:02 Anthony J. Bentley
From: Anthony J. Bentley @ 2014-11-19 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

Hi,

In groff, Aq uses ASCII < > only when following An; otherwise, \(la
and \(ra are used. In mandoc, Aq is always rendered with \(la \(ra in
-Thtml, and ASCII < > elsewhere.

I would send a patch, but though it's easy enough to find where the
brackets are printed, I spent quite a while walking through the
mdoc_nodes without figuring out how to determine whether An preceded
the current Aq macro. I must be misunderstanding how things fit
together...

--
Anthony J. Bentley