Hi! I wanted to mark up a function like this: int (*foo)(bar, baz) using Ft/Fn. I noticed that I can't really do that, and found some weird behaviour both with groff 1.19.2 and mandoc 1.13.0 (the newest I have installed). Can you please take a look at the attached test page and tell me * if there is a way to do what I want? * how many bugs I found? :) For the record, this is what it looks like for me with groff: # groff -mandoc -T ascii test.3 |less test.3:24: environment stack underflow test.3:24: cannot chop empty macro TEST(3) NetBSD Library Functions Manual TEST(3) NAME test -- test page SYNOPSIS Some weird Fn/Ft test cases DESCRIPTION Case 1 int bar(void) Function gets formatted even though inside a Bd literal. Case 2 int (*foo()) bar baz Parentheses are in weird places, arguments are not taken as function argument. Case 3 int Po(*foo) ) bar baz Loses Fn completely due to Po/Pc. Case 4 int (*foo)(bar, baz) This is what I wanted, but the parentheses are marked up in bold. NetBSD 7.0 November 19, 2014 NetBSD 7.0 and mandoc: # mandoc test.3 |less TEST(3) Library Functions Manual TEST(3) NAME test -- test page SYNOPSIS Some weird Fn/Ft test cases DESCRIPTION Case 1 int bar(void) Function gets formatted even though inside a Bd literal. Case 2 int (*foo()) bar(baz) Parentheses are in weird places, arguments are not taken as function argument. Case 3 int (*foo) bar baz Loses Fn completely due to Po/Pc. Case 4 int (*foo)(bar, baz) This is what I wanted, but the parentheses are marked up in bold. NetBSD 7.99.1 November 19, 2014 NetBSD 7.99.1 Thanks, Thomas