* mandoc-1.14.1 released
@ 2017-02-21 2:34 Ingo Schwarze
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Ingo Schwarze @ 2017-02-21 2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
i'm pleased to announce the public release of portable mandoc-1.14.1.
It is available now from http://mdocml.bsd.lv/ .
All downstream maintainers are encouraged to update their ports and
packages from 1.13.4 to 1.14.1.
Mandoc 1.14.1 is a major feature release introducing
* semantic search functionality without needing SQLite3
* improved less(1) :t support (ctags-like internal searching)
* much improved -Thtml output and CSS
* a new catman(8) utility thanks to Michael <Stapelberg at debian dot org>
* a portable version of the OpenBSD mandoc regression suite
plus some minor new features and heaps of bugfixes, many of them
due to Theo Buehler's work with afl(1). For more details, see the
full release notes: http://mdocml.bsd.lv/NEWS
Note that mandoc-1.14.1 is quite similar to what will ship in
OpenBSD 6.1. The new mandoc.db(5) file format is in production in
OpenBSD-current for more than six months now. So even though this
is the first release in the 1.14 branch, i consider the code very
solid by now and call it 1.14.1 rather than 1.14.0.
The release was tested on the following systems:
* OpenBSD-current and OpenBSD-stable
* FreeBSD 12-current, FreeBSD 11.0, and FreeBSD 10.3
* NetBSD 7.99.58-current
* DragonFlyBSD 4.7.0-DEVELOPMENT
* illumos and OmniOS
* Debian Linux 8.4-jessie
* Void Linux x86_64 glibc, aarch64 musl, and armv7l musl
* Crux Linux 3.3
* Ubuntu Linux sid, stretch, and 14.04 Trusty Tahr
* SunOS 5.11.2, 5.10, and 5.9
* OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan and 10.4.11 Tiger
For now, catman(8) is not supported on OS X Tiger, SunOS 5.10,
and SunOS 5.9, and the regression suite cannot be used on
SunOS 5.10 and SunOS 5.9, but everything else works everywhere,
including full database suppport and semantic searching.
For systems who cannot change the database format, most notably
FreeBSD-stable, i will also roll a 1.13.5 release soon,
which will contain all the bugfixes and all the new features
except the switch away from SQLite3 and except catman(8).
But don't use that unless you must; the new databases with 1.14.1
are smaller, faster to build, and faster to access than SQLite,
without any loss of functionality.
To unsubscribe send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-02-21 2:34 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-02-21 2:34 mandoc-1.14.1 released Ingo Schwarze
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).