discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
From: Ingo Schwarze <schwarze@usta.de>
To: Michal Nowak <mnowak@startmail.com>
Cc: discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
Subject: Re: mandoc 1.14.5 white space nits
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 14:19:49 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Michal,

Michal Nowak wrote on Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 10:18:27AM +0200:
> On 07/02/19 01:34 AM, Ingo Schwarze wrote:

>> Nice.  I also noted it on
>>
>>    http://mandoc.bsd.lv/ports.html         and
>>    http://mandoc.bsd.lv/porthistory.html

> If you could just fix my name to "Michal Nowak" (sic). Thanks.

Oops, sorry; that is corrected now.
Fortunately, i got your name right in the commit messages,
which would have been harder to fix.

> Great, thanks for merging them. I wasn't sure if those nits are
> something you are interested for future reports.

Your are right, that differs among projects.

I wouldn't have been in mandoc five years ago because such glitches
were still quite numerous in the codebase back then and applying
such patches would have been very tedious.  Also, such patches would
not be useful for OpenBSD at large (outside mandoc or other specific
areas where maintainers care) because we normally fix minor glitches
only when working on the code anyway.

But nowadays, mandoc is mostly clean in this respect, and i'm still
actively working on the code quite regularly, so it makes sense to
keep it completely clean.

Yours,
  Ingo