discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* "WARNING: parenthesis in function name" correctness
@ 2019-09-10  8:20 Yuri Pankov
From: Yuri Pankov @ 2019-09-10  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mandoc-discuss

I'm looking into fixing sbuf.9 which currently has somewhat unreadable:

.Ft typedef\ int ( sbuf_drain_func ) ( void\ *arg, const\ char\ *data,
int\ len ) ;

...into somewhat nicer:

.Ft typedef int
.Fo (sbuf_drain_func)
.Fa "void *arg"
.Fa "const char *data"
.Fa "int len"
.Fc

...but that gives me a:

mandoc: share/man/man9/sbuf.9:69:5: WARNING: parenthesis in function
name: (sbuf_drain_func)

Looking at the code, parenthesis are only allowed in the following form:

.Ft (*func_ptr)

...while here we don't have a "*" -- it's the way it's typedef'ed in the
source, and I want to follow it, so I wonder if that check/warning is
really useful.