discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* mdoc synopsis style for more than one mandatory, mutually exclusive options?
@ 2021-07-19 22:48 Stephen Gregoratto
From: Stephen Gregoratto @ 2021-07-19 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

I am working on a utility that takes input from different sources:

1. Arguments after options parsing (i.e., after --).
2. From the named file after the `-R` flag.
3. From the named file after the `-I` flag.

The program will quit if input == 0, so at least one of these options
must be used. And there can be multiple instances of each (i.e., -R and
-I can be specified more than once).

My question is: how can I format this in the synopsis without it being
overwhelming? Semantically, .Op is out because it isn't optional. I've
seen other utilities use something like

instead, but I've never seen this form in a manpage before.
--
Stephen Gregoratto