discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
From: Stephen Gregoratto <dev@sgregoratto.me>
To: discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
Subject: [Suggestion]: Document that the Er macro can be used as a width.
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:51:10 +1000	[thread overview]

I'm currently rewriting the Illumos manpages in mdoc, and I realised
from looking at the OpenBSD manuals, that the error list is set up as
such:

.Bl -tag -width Er
.It Bq Er ENOTTY

This is a really neat feature that I think deserved to be documented.
AFAIK only Ds gets this treatment. Apparently it resolves to 17n from
looking at mdoc_validate.c:/^macro2len/.
--
Stephen Gregoratto