On Sun, Oct 03, 2021 at 08:49:19PM +0200, Ingo Schwarze wrote: > Hi Cameron, > > Cameron Katri wrote on Sun, Oct 03, 2021 at 01:49:18PM -0400: > > > I want to add the ability to specify the man section name > > I suspect you are talking about the volume titles (for example, > "General Commands Manual", "System Calls Manual", etc.), not about > section names (for example, "SYNOPSIS", "DESCRIPTION", "SEE ALSO", etc.). Yes. > > at runtime, instead of at compile time in msec.in. > > Why? > > What is the use case requiring that? Well this is a very niche use case, but on FreeBSD they patch msec.in to say "FreeBSD General Commands Manual" etc. which means that when I use mandoc -T html to generate my website I have to use a different build of mandoc so that the volume title just says "Miscellaneous Information Manual" instead of "FreeBSD Miscellaneous Information Manual." > > Yours, > Ingo Thanks for the feedback. - Cameron Katri -- Cameron Katri Email: me@cameronkatri.com PGP Fingerprint: 7D3B36CEA40FCC2181FB6DCDBAFFD97826540F1C