Hi! This is something I've run my head into again and again while using tbl(7) tables ‒ since you cannot usefully execute mdoc requests while in a table, I've been either hardcoding fonts or in recent passes doing .ie n .ds fAr I .el .ds fAr CI (with a preprocessing pass for mandoc which pretends to be nroff even when it's typesetting; groff needs I/CI distinctions since tty output is 4-font only and C? fonts render as R). This does work, but (a) it's ass and (b) duplicates the macro package, badly. groff's doc.tmac sets doc-??-font strings for all the semantic macros, such that \*[doc-Nm-font] expands to \fB under nroff and \f(CB (+ a font size reset) under troff, d-Pa-f to I/C, &c. Now, mandoc's mdoc doesn't really allow for that in a trivial fashion, especially in its much richer -Thtml output which doesn't trivially map to/from 8 fonts, but, well, that's my best attempt at prior art. So: is there a better way? Best, наб