discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Compatibility with xsltproc?
@ 2020-06-25 10:17 Sören Tempel
From: Sören Tempel @ 2020-06-25 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

Hello there,

I am a contributor to the Alpine Linux distribution which uses
mandoc-1.14.5 by default. Recently some man page rendering issues were
reported in our bug tracker [0]. Upon further investigation I found
these incorrectly rendered man pages to be generated using xsltproc(1)
and xmlto(1). I searched the mailing list archives as well as the
documentation and TODO list for specific entries regarding xsltproc(1)
and didn't manage to find any specific mentions.

I also checked the xsltproc(1) man page on OpenBSD to make sure that
this problem isn't Alpine specific and the xsltproc(1) man page itself
seems to be rendered incorrectly on OpenBSD as well.

Are rendering issues related to man pages generated using xsltproc(1) a
known issue? Is there any know workaround, e.g. specific flags which can be
passed to xsltproc(1) to make the generated man pages compatible with
mandoc?

Greetings,
Sören

[0]: https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/issues/11674

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-25 15:28 UTC | newest]