Greetings, Ingo has posted a patch to regarding mandoc whatis(1): autodetect RE syntax for word boundaries So I thought I would try compiling mdocml_cvs on Solaris 10 and 11 again. The "configure" script checks for the presence of "err.h", setting HAVE_ERR to 0 or 1 based on the check result. Unlike the HAVE_FTS check the, code that uses '#include ' does not wrap this preprocessor directive in a guard. Two possible simple solutions exist (based on what I have seen so far). 1. Wrap the include directive in a simple '#if HAVE_ERR' and '#endif'. Patch included. 2. Take the HAVE_FTS approach and move the declarations from the generated config.h to compat_err.h and like fts.h, use a conditional of the form: #if HAVE_ERR # include #else # include "compat_err.h" #fi I'll leave it to the developers and maintainers to choose the appropriate solution for their code base. Regards, Peter Bray Sydney, Australia PS: Discovered on Solaris 10 which does not have