discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
From: Jesse Adams <jesse@techno-geeks.org>
To: discuss@mdocml.bsd.lv
Subject: Re: New Package: Debian 32
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:19:03 -0700	[thread overview]

Hello Kristaps,

Not knowing much about the BSD package scene I am not 100% sure what
you are asking. For now we will have to host the Linux packages by
ourselves except for ArchLinux. ArchLinux has an "official" way for
the community to submit custom packages. Debian and RedHat based
distros are a bit more complicated. I'll eventually be hosting package
repositories that work directly with native package retrieval
utilities but we aren't quite there yet. The long term goal will be to
eventually get mdocml into the core repositories which would require
us submitting the packages to the official distribution maintainers.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks!

Jesse