discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Mandoc Not Parsing Sy Macro (In some cases)
@ 2017-01-09 10:36 Abhinav Upadhyay
From: Abhinav Upadhyay @ 2017-01-09 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss; +Cc: Thomas Klausner

Hi Ingo,

In NetBSD's sysctl(7) man page, we noticed an issue where in some
tables the Sy macro was not being parsed and being rendered literally
as "Sy". While in other places it was being parsed correctly. On
looking closely, we realized that in the cases where Sy was not being
parsed, we were using <TAB> instead of Ta macro, like this:

.It Sy Second level name    Sy Type Sy Changeable

Which is being rendered as:
Second level name  Sy Type    Sy Changeable

Whereas in the places where it was being rendered correctly, we were
using Ta, like this:
It Sy Name  Ta Sy Constant     Ta Sy Next level names Ta Sy Description

I think this issue was not present in the previous version of mandoc,
It has been noticed only with the latest release.

-
Abhinav