discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* docbook2mdoc Dd
@ 2023-01-04  7:29 Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2023-01-04  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

Hi,

it seems that docbook2mdoc simply uses the content of <date></date>
as the text content of Dd. That's fine I guess, but mandoc -Tlint
warns that e.g.

	STYLE: legacy man(7) date format: Dd 2022-11-16

if that's what <date> is.

Is this intentionaly left to the human editor to tweak,
or would it be worth it to massage such "dates"
into the canonical "Dd November 16, 2022"?

(I assume docbook2mdoc only does what it has to do
to get out the docbook hell, not touching text content.)

	Jan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-04  7:29 UTC | newest]