(Sat, 09 Jul 15:11) Ingo Schwarze: > Hi, > > i'm planning to release mandoc-1.13.4 during the next week. > > Since you are listed as downstream port/package maintainers > and/or have sent in major contributions or many and/or important > bug reports lately, i'm giving you the chance of testing > the non-public release candidate on your favourite platform(s) > in advance if you want to. Please do not publicly update your > ports/packages just yet. > > To avoid flooding people's mailboxes, please don't reply to the > full To: list, but rather publicly to > (requires subscription) or privately to . > > Both reports of successes and failures are welcome! > > I already did some testing myself on OpenBSD-6.0-current, > OpenBSD-5.9-stable, OpenBSD-5.8-stable, Debian GNU/Linux, and Solaris > 9, 10, and 11, but tests on all other supported platforms are still > missing, and of course nothing is wrong with giving OpenBSD and > Solaris another try if you want to. I'll do the public release as > soon as i have test reports from a sufficiently diverse set of > systems. > > Mandoc 1.13.4 is a regular maintenance release and also introduces > a small number of new features; here is an extract from the NEWS > file in the release candidate tarball: > > * man.conf(5): Design and implement a simpler configuration file format. > * man(1): Leverage less(1) -T and :t in a way resembling ctags(1) > to jump to the definitions of various terms inside manual pages. > * soelim(1): New implementation by Baptiste Daroussin. > * pledge(2): Use the OpenBSD privilege limitation syscall when available. > * man.cgi(8): Support short URIs like http://man.openbsd.org/mdoc . > * mandoc.css: Use one unified stylesheet rather than three different ones. > > For a detailed list of changes, see the NEWS file > inside the release candidate tarball: > > http://mdocml.bsd.lv/snapshots/mdocml-1.13.4rc1.tar.gz > > Thank you for your support! > Ingo > > > P.S. > It seems likely that this will be the last release needing SQLite > for database support. I have started work on removing the dependency > on SQLite without loss of functionality and without needing any > replacement, relying on POSIX interfaces only. So it is likely > that we will have a 1.14.1 release this autumn that no longer needs > SQLite. > > Then again, if there is substantial demand, i might maintain the > 1.13 branch for some time in parallel. In either case, it seems > important to me to get 1.13.4 as good and stable as possible to > have a solid foundation to build on. The code base itself is > definitely very solid, it is quite similar to what we will ship in > the OpenBSD 6.0 release this fall. more(1) doesn't have "-T" option. Patch attached. -- https://www.juef.tk/