tech@mandoc.bsd.lv
From: Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz>
To: tech@mdocml.bsd.lv
Subject: Re: call for testing: mandoc-1.13.5 release candidate
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 13:34:26 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Ingo,

> now that mandoc-1.14.1 is out of the door, i'm planning to release
> the SQLite3-compat version mandoc-1.13.5 soon.  A release candidate
> tarball is available for testing:
> http://mdocml.bsd.lv/snapshots/mdocml-1.13.5rc1.tar.gz
> Both reports of successes and failures are welcome!

I don't know if this is a bug or intended behaviour.
It certainly is not specific to 1.13.5rc1.

On systems where I don't have root (mostly linuxes),
I often install mdocml as a manpage formatter of choice into $HOME,
and alias 'man' as 'man -m $HOME/man' for some third-party software
which I can only install in $HOME.

Everything works as expected, except man -l

  $ alias man="man -m $HOME/man"
  $ man -l /usr/share/man/man1/ls.1.gz
  man: -m /home/hans/man: Bad argument

  $ unalias man
  $ man -l /usr/share/man/man1/ls.1.gz	# works OK

Should -m be ignored with -l, just like -M path and -s section?

	Jan