tech@mandoc.bsd.lv
From: Kristaps Dzonsons <kristaps@bsd.lv>
To: tech@mdocml.bsd.lv
Cc: Ingo Schwarze <schwarze@usta.de>
Subject: Re: sync results
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:43:38 +0200	[thread overview]

Ingo,

I'm not able to reproduce some of these.

> i'm currently syncing from bsd.lv to openbsd.org.
> The code looks good, and in the output, i see many improvements,
> so i will now commit the sync.
>

> However, there are also a three tiny regressions:
>
> cvs(1) contains this code:
>
> .TP 1i
> \fB?\fP \fIfile\fP
> \fIfile\fP is in your working directory, but does not correspond to
> anything in the source repository, and is not in the list of files
> for \fBcvs\fP to ignore (see the description of the \fB\-I\fP option).
> .PP
> .RS .5i
> .sp
> Use the
> .B \-A
> option to reset any sticky tags, dates, or
> .B \-k
> options.  (If you get a working copy of a file by using one of the
>
> Now doubtless, .PP .RS .sp in a row is horrible.
> However, with groff and old mandoc, that gave one blank line.
> Now there are two.

This is not the case with my machine (groff 1.19.2).

The following:

.TH FOO 1
.SH NAME
foo - bar
.SH DESCRIPTION
hi.
.PP
.RS .5i
.sp
Use the

Has two spaces between the "hi" and "Use the" with both groff and mandoc
(using nroff -mandoc and groff -Tascii -mandoc).

> lynx(1) contains this code:
>
> .TP
> .B \-cookie_file\fR=\fIFILENAME
> specifies a file to use to read cookies.
>
> In groff and old mandoc, the indent of "specifies" relative to "-cookie"
> was 7, now it is 5.

Are you sure?  I just ran this code and had both mandoc and groff align
"specifies" under the underscore, i.e., 7 spaces.

> nsd-xfer(8) contains this code:
>
> .SH "OPTIONS"
> .LP
> .TP
> .B \-4
> Only send to IPv4 addresses.
>
> In groff and old mandoc, there is no blank line after OPTIONS,
> now there is one.

Ouch, this is indeed a bug: the syntax tree appears to be messed up by
the removal of the `LP'.  I'll look into it...

Thanks,

Kristaps