Hi, Enclosed is a patch to de-backspace Nm/Nd lines for mandocdb(8). This arose from seeing the results for some LAPACK manuals, which are notoriously shitty. It also cleans up handling of the non-terminated string a bit and adds a quick check to see if SYNOPSIS has been reached right after the NAME. This occurs when manuals look like this: NAME SYNOPSIS Blah blah blah Again, LAPACK... If it's relevant, a check for NAME could also occur, then loop back into the fgets(). Thoughts? This area still needs a bit more attention to handle situations like: foo -[\n]? [whitespace]foo - bar[whitespace][\n]? I need to check this over a bit more carefully to see if I'm not trampling past the array, but this is a start. Best, Kristaps