Hi, Joel (CC'd) had asked off-list about manuals in .4 that have the following syntax: SYNOPSIS options BLAH #include #include int foo(int bar); In the mdoc(7) manpage, we specify Some macros are displayed differently in the SYNOPSIS section, particularly Nm, Cd, Fd, Fn, Fo, In, Vt, and Ft. All of these macros are output on their own line. If two such dissimilar macros are pairwise invoked (except for Ft before Fo or Fn), they are separated by a vertical space, unless in the case of Fo, Fn, and Ft, which are always separated by vertical space. But this is a lie for `Cd', which does not emit a newline as would `In' or the others. OpenBSD's manuals, for example, use a `Pp' separating the elements. Examples: http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=multicast http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=pim groff(1) requires the `Pp'. Basically, I think this breaks the consistency of other SYNOPSIS macros, which do not require `Pp'. In the following patch, mandoc(1) puts in the necessary space automatically. This has no effect on manuals that already use `Pp' but for a warning. I tried to patch groff's doc.tmac for the same effect, but failed. Thoughts? Kristaps