mblaze, a Maildir-focused command line mail client
* mless - Message list
@ 2022-03-17  8:48 'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze
From: 'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze @ 2022-03-17  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mblaze

Hey.
When using mless, there are on top 6 messages visible followed by the content of the selected message.

Is there any convenient way to increase the length of the List of messages?or would be patching the src the way to go?

Thx Marko

* Re: mless - Message list
@ 2022-03-17 14:39 ` Leah Neukirchen
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2022-03-17 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mblaze; +Cc: Marko Bauhardt

"'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze" <mblaze@googlegroups.com> writes:

> Hey.
> When using mless, there are on top 6 messages visible followed by the
> content of the selected message.
>
> Is there any convenient way to increase the length of the List of
> messages?or would be patching the src the way to go?

This has come up before: https://github.com/leahneukirchen/mblaze/issues/194

Currently the length is hardcoded, but I'm willing to accept a patch;
expressing the logic in shell didn't feel super straight forward however. :)

--
Leah Neukirchen  <leah@vuxu.org>  https://leahneukirchen.org/

* Re: mless - Message list
@ 2022-03-21 20:15   ` 'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze
From: 'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze @ 2022-03-21 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leah Neukirchen; +Cc: mblaze

Hey leah,

> This has come up before: https://github.com/leahneukirchen/mblaze/issues/194

Ok nice.

> Currently the length is hardcoded, but I'm willing to accept a patch;
> expressing the logic in shell didn't feel super straight forward however. :)

Not sure if i have enough skills to apply a proper patch 🤓
Anyway, how do you imagine the patch? Should be the length of the messages computed relativ to …i dont know…. Or via env vars or a new hard coded Value as patch and the User can decide if she/he wants to have it, similar like other suckless Tools do it.

Marko

* Re: mless - Message list
@ 2022-03-21 20:25     ` Leah Neukirchen
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2022-03-21 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mblaze; +Cc: Marko Bauhardt

"'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze" <mblaze@googlegroups.com> writes:

>> Currently the length is hardcoded, but I'm willing to accept a patch;
>> expressing the logic in shell didn't feel super straight forward however. :)
>
> Not sure if i have enough skills to apply a proper patch 🤓
> Anyway, how do you imagine the patch? Should be the length of the
> messages computed relativ to …i dont know…. Or via env vars or a new
> hard coded Value as patch and the User can decide if she/he wants to
> have it, similar like other suckless Tools do it.

We usually use mblaze-profile(5) for that... perhaps something like

Scan-Lines: 10

But computing it relative to the terminal lines could also be an option.

--

@ 2022-03-22 18:28       ` 'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze
From: 'Marko Bauhardt' via mblaze @ 2022-03-22 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leah Neukirchen; +Cc: mblaze

> We usually use mblaze-profile(5) for that... perhaps something like
>
> Scan-Lines: 10

Hey. See github.com/leahneukirchen/mblaze/pull/223

Marko