* [ANN] mblaze 0.2, a Maildir-focused command line mail client
@ 2017-07-17 14:33 Leah Neukirchen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2017-07-17 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
I'm happy to announce a new release of "mblaze", a Unix command line
mail client system in the spirit of RAND MH, but developed from scratch
and focused on Maildir.
* small, portable, and efficient C code base (and a bit of sh)
* only dependency is iconv(3)
* UTF-8 enabled
* first-class Maildir support
* good MIME support for reading and composition
* good threading support
* plain MUA, not limiting your choice of MTA and MDA
* flexible and composable tools, with sensible defaults
* useful for scripting and ad-hoc usage, even if you prefer another MUA else
* Public Domain (CC0) with tiny bits of external MIT-licensed code
New features of this release:
* New sequence syntax `m:+n` for `n` messages after message `m`.
* Threading shortcuts `=`, `_`, `^` for `.=`, `._`, `.^`.
* Sequence related errors are now reported.
* minc and mlist normalize slashes in paths.
* mfwd now generates conforming message/rfc822 parts.
* mthread can add optional folders (e.g. your outbox) to resolve message ids.
* mcom now adds Date: just before sending or cancelling the mail.
* VIOLATIONS.md documents how mblaze works with certain common mistakes.
* Full documentation revamp by Larry Hynes.
* Fix rare crash looking for mail body.
* Numerous small bug and portability fixes.
Please note that mblaze is still quite new and while the code has been
tested on substantial piles of real-world mail, I'm sure there still
are kinks here and there. It probably won't eat your mail.
Please report issues you find.
You can find mblaze source at
and release tarballs on
Releases are also signed with signify(1) using
There is a mailing list available at mbl...@googlegroups.com
(see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mblaze), and an IRC channel
#vuxu on irc.freenode.net.
Leah Neukirchen <le...@vuxu.org> http://leah.zone
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-07-17 14:33 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-07-17 14:33 [ANN] mblaze 0.2, a Maildir-focused command line mail client Leah Neukirchen
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).