* [ANN] mblaze 0.5, a Maildir-focused command line mail client
@ 2019-02-09 14:53 Leah Neukirchen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2019-02-09 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
I'm happy to announce a new release of "mblaze", a Unix command line
mail client system in the spirit of RAND MH, but developed from scratch
and focused on Maildir.
New features of this release:
* New tool msearch to wrap several mail indexers.
* New zsh completion _mblaze.
* mnext/mprev were removed (you can call `mless +`/`mless -`).
* The GnuPG tools in contrib/ now use gpg2.
* mshow exits with error if it could not extract all attachments
* mrep: add -noquote to disable quoting the message replied to
* mdeliver: keep permissions of messages
* mcom: aborting the editor is now more like delete than cancel
* mcom: add -send to send directly without editing
* mcom: check if mail is formatted sensibly
* mpick: new flag -v for statistics
* mscan: new flag -v for statistics
* magrep: add -h, which is like -p but doesn't print the file name
* mscan: prioritize displaying trashed mail over other markers
* mpick: fix off-by-one in expression parsing
* Many bug fixes
Please note that mblaze is still quite new and while the code has been
tested on substantial piles of real-world mail, I'm sure there still
are kinks here and there. It probably won't eat your mail.
Please report issues you find.
You can find mblaze source at
and release tarballs on
Releases are also signed with signify(1) using
There is a mailing list available at firstname.lastname@example.org
(see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mblaze or
https://inbox.vuxu.org/mblaze/), and an IRC channel
#vuxu on irc.freenode.net.
Leah Neukirchen <email@example.com> http://leah.zone
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "mblaze" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mblaze/87sgwxxbb8.fsf%40vuxu.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-02-09 14:53 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-02-09 14:53 [ANN] mblaze 0.5, a Maildir-focused command line mail client Leah Neukirchen
mblaze, a Maildir-focused command line mail client
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.vuxu.org/mblaze
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V1 mblaze mblaze/ https://inbox.vuxu.org/mblaze \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
code repositories for the project(s) associated with this inbox:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git