* [ANN] mblaze 0.3, a Maildir-focused command line mail client
@ 2018-01-12 16:35 Leah Neukirchen
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ messages in thread
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2018-01-12 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
I'm happy to announce a new release of "mblaze", a Unix command line
mail client system in the spirit of RAND MH, but developed from scratch
and focused on Maildir.
* small, portable, and efficient C code base (and a bit of sh)
* only dependency is iconv(3)
* UTF-8 enabled
* first-class Maildir support
* good MIME support for reading and composition
* good threading support
* plain MUA, not limiting your choice of MTA and MDA
* flexible and composable tools, with sensible defaults
* useful for scripting and ad-hoc usage, even if you prefer another MUA else
* Public Domain (CC0) with tiny bits of external MIT-licensed code
New features of this release:
* New tool mflow to reformat format=flowed plain text mails.
* New tool mbnc to bounce mails (send original mail to someone else).
* mshow filters can output raw text now, e.g. for HTML rendering with colors.
* mrep can quote mail that doesn't have a plain text part.
* mcom runs mmime when deemed necessary.
* mhdr can extract MIME parameters.
* New contrib: mrecode
* New contrib: mraw
* mshow regards non-MIME mails as MIME mails with one part now.
* mshow -F to disable MIME filters.
* mpick supports negations now.
* msed can remove headers depending on their value.
* Improved UTF-8 parsing.
* Improved documentation.
* Numerous bug fixes and portability fixes.
Please note that mblaze is still quite new and while the code has been
tested on substantial piles of real-world mail, I'm sure there still
are kinks here and there. It probably won't eat your mail.
Please report issues you find.
You can find mblaze source at
and release tarballs on
Releases are also signed with signify(1) using
There is a mailing list available at mbl...@googlegroups.com
(see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mblaze), and an IRC channel
#vuxu on irc.freenode.net.
Leah Neukirchen <le...@vuxu.org> http://leah.zone
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 1+ messages in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-01-12 16:35 [ANN] mblaze 0.3, a Maildir-focused command line mail client Leah Neukirchen
mblaze, a Maildir-focused command line mail client
Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/mblaze
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox