Recently work has been done with clang/llvm/lld to extend support for Qualcomm's Hexagon DSP to a Linux target. At this point the publicly available LLVM tools are able to build and run Hexagon programs via QEMU. I've attached a patch that add the Hexagon bits to musl. The optimized routines have been purposely omitted to keep the size and complexity to a minimum. The changes are being mirrored here: https://github.com/quic/musl/tree/hexagon The QEMU mirror is here: https://github.com/quic/qemu A description of the assembly language is here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/download/hexagon/hexagon-v5x-programmers-refe rence-manual.pdf?referrer=node/6116 The objective is to have enough freely available tools and libraries that any user could develop code for the DSP. The C-library is an important part of that stack and this patch is intended to start a discussion of what would need to happen in order for Hexagon to be added to the musl sources. I've tested this using libc-test (git://repo.or.cz/libc-test) and 56 errors are reported. The support for Hexagon in QEMU is on-going and while some of the errors (math) may be attributed to QEMU most also happen on hardware. A good chunk fail due to floating point exception status or precision. Beyond the above testing a large number of packages have been built using buildroot with our internal llvm tools. No issues outside of tweaks to avoid glibc assumptions were seen.