Hello Alexander, Thanks for this pointer. This UB and a similar one in putenv were going to be our next report: unsetenv: * rewrite; this fixes UB caused by testing a free'd pointer against NULL on entry to subsequent loops. In the version after your patch, we do not detect any undefined behavior with TIS Interpreter, for the tests we have (libc-testsuite plus one additional test that we wrote to make TIS Interpreter confirm the misuse of memcmp in putenv). Pascal On 21 Aug 2017, at 10:02, Alexander Monakov > wrote: *env functions have multiple issues including other UB and a memory leak. http://openwall.com/lists/musl/2016/03/13/7 Alexander