On 07/30/18 20:44, Rich Felker wrote: > One thing that would probably be really useful is empirical data on > what range of sizes "need to be fast" for bloated OO stuff that does > rapid malloc/free cycles. Conceptually it should only be small sizes, > assuming the whole allocated space is actually used, since beyond a > certain size, actual use of the allocated memory (loads/stores) will > dominate the time spent allocating and freeing it, but the cutoff > isn't clear. > > Rich > I can probably instrument the malloc() patterns of Firefox and Plasma Shell. Can you provide me the desired format? I would probably simply change musl to print "a:%lld\n" to stderr for each allocation, and then I could turn it into better formatted data. Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux http://adelielinux.org