Hi all. I noticed seg-faults and other weird behavior when using the syslog() function with large messages. I've attached the simplest test program that reproduces the problem. I've observed it to break on 0.9.9 on i386 and current git on x86_64. The problem seems to be that although the syslog function successfully truncates its input to 256 bytes, it passes the size of the un-truncated form to the sendto() call because snprintf returns the number of bytes that would be written if truncation did not occur. Fixing syslog to check if truncation occurred seems to fix the problem. I've attached the patch that does this. William Haddon