mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] faccessat() always return EPERM
@ 2021-07-24  1:16 Yuri Kanivetsky
From: Yuri Kanivetsky @ 2021-07-24  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi,

I'm not sure that it has something to do with musl. But experienced in
a Alpine Linux docker container (ruby:2.6-alpine3.14) on Debian 9 or
10. I can't reproduce it with Alpine Linux 3.13 (container) or Debian
8 (host).

For example, the following program outputs -1:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main()
{
    int r;
    r = faccessat(AT_FDCWD, "/", R_OK, AT_EACCESS);
    printf("%i", r);
    return 0;
}

I believe whatever is passed as the second parameter, it would return -1.

As a result at least irb and bundler doesn't work. Is this some sort
of binary incompatibility with Linux kernel?

Regards,
Yuri