mailing list of musl libc
* checked C (clang) vs musl?
@ 2016-06-16 15:35 Jens Staal
From: Jens Staal @ 2016-06-16 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi

I just saw a news item about "Checked C" from Microsoft

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/06/16/
microsoft_releases_open_source_bugbomb_in_the_rambling_house_of_c/

and apparently they have made a modified llvm/clang for checked C.
https://github.com/Microsoft/checkedc-clang

anyone tested this vs musl?

* Re: checked C (clang) vs musl?
@ 2016-06-16 15:48 ` Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2016-06-16 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* Jens Staal <staal1978@gmail.com> [2016-06-16 17:35:07 +0200]:
> and apparently they have made a modified llvm/clang for checked C.
> https://github.com/Microsoft/checkedc-clang
>
> anyone tested this vs musl?

i thought it would need a lot of annotations to be useful.

* Re: checked C (clang) vs musl?
@ 2016-06-16 16:04   ` Jens Staal
From: Jens Staal @ 2016-06-16 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On torsdag 16 juni 2016 kl. 17:48:47 CEST Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Jens Staal <staal1978@gmail.com> [2016-06-16 17:35:07 +0200]:
> > and apparently they have made a modified llvm/clang for checked C.
> > https://github.com/Microsoft/checkedc-clang
> >
> > anyone tested this vs musl?
>
> i thought it would need a lot of annotations to be useful.

It introduces some new types etc, but I thought it also analyzed existing
vanilla C code for unsafe behaviour. I just saw the news so I have not really
read up on it, but was curious to know if someone had.